Introducing the Conax integral pin
Conax Technologies has enhanced many of our standard and custom-designed multi-hole compression seal fittings by adding an integral pin that makes them easier and faster to assemble.
Most Conax fittings with multiple holes have followers with anti-rotation pins. Previously, these followers had keyways into which separate pins (keys) had to be inserted.
Now, a Conax integral pin is machined into the follower, so you don’t need to hand insert the pin and risk dropping or losing it during assembly.
Benefits of our new follower with integral pin
- Increased safety, comfort and convenience. We’ve eliminated the loose pins, so there’s no risk of dropping or losing them. Assembly can now be completed while wearing gloves in cold or chemically hazardous environments.
- Easier ordering. There’s no need to specify special part numbers or welding to attach the pin to the follower—and no added cost.
- Easier assembly. You never need to worry about not being able to assemble a fitting because of a missing or incorrectly installed pin.
- No additional cost. The integral pin fittings are priced the same as their legacy fitting counterparts.
- Same torque and pressure rating. The integral pin fittings meet the same specifications as legacy fittings with separate pins.
- Backward compatible. Our integral pin followers are compatible with their legacy follower counterparts to maintain reusability of Conax fittings. There’s no need to buy a new fitting when all you need is a new Replacement Packing Set (RPS) that includes a follower with integral pin.
Find out more
To download the new Fitting and Feedthrough Assembly Instructions (brochure number 6026, Rev F) with updated assembly instructions, click here.