Solutions for the Semiconductor industry
A leader in innovation
For over 60 years, Conax has been the leader in the design and manufacture of temperature sensors and vacuum seal fittings and feedthroughs for a broad range of applications across the semiconductor industry. Our expertise has helped us develop custom solutions for our customers, as well as ground-breaking technology like our exclusive EtchDefender™.
Longer TC life and lower annual spend with EtchDefender™ Technology
Our patent-pending EtchDefender™ coating extends the life of quartz thermocouple sheaths in ASM® EPSILON® epitaxial reactors up to 3X longer and reduces your annual spend by over 30%.
This leading-edge technology was tested extensively both in a laboratory setting and in a production environment at a major wafer manufacturing facility. Using TCs coated with EtchDefender™ allows a tool to run continuously and reduces maintenance cycles, consistently resulting in:
- Increased process uptime
- Reduced process variation, so more wafers can be produced per tool with higher
- Reduced labor and increased safety
- Decreased risk of technicians igniting pyrophoric deposits as a result of reduced
- Decreased exposure of the chamber to oxygen, resulting in less time needed to purge the oxygen from all surfaces in SiGe applications
Click here to find out more about EtchDefender™ Technology.
Profile and Spike Thermocouples for all the leading furnaces
Conax also offers standard or custom designed Profile and Spike Thermocouples for vertical and horizontal furnaces. Our high-precision temperature sensors are engineered to address the critical process of temperature measurement and control required for the semiconductor, photovoltaic and LED industries.
Standard and custom designed Pressure/Vacuum Feedthroughs
Conax Technologies designs and manufactures Pressure/Vacuum Feedthroughs for any application or equipment, including:
- Highly Accelerated Stress Testing (HAST) feedthroughs for reliability testing
- Redundant thermocouple sensor probes with dual-seal capability to prevent a vacuum leak into the ingot furnacing chamber for polycrystalline wafer production
- Customized sensor/flange assemblies to facilitate quick replacement of sensors during maintenance cycles
- Process control thermocouples utilized inside the deposition chamber for thin-film solar panel production
- Thermocouple wire feedthroughs to pass temperature sensor reading from within the vacuum chamber to external instrumentation
- Electrode feedthroughs to bring power into the vacuum chamber to power heating elements (EGT, EG, PL)
Complete the contact form to find out more
Your indispensable partner
We know that innovative ideas come from collaboration. By taking the time to understand your unique challenges, we develop the ideal solutions that help you—and your customers—succeed. Our commitment to providing quality, innovative products on time and at a competitive cost continue to make us an indispensable partner for every customer we serve.
Customer satisfaction and loyalty fuels everything we do. Conax is proud to maintain a Net Promoter Score that is consistently in the 99th percentile, an achievement that less than 5% of other companies in the industry can match.
ASM® and EPSILON® are registered trademarks of ASM® International. Neither Conax Technologies nor its products are affiliated with, approved by or sponsored by ASM® International.